Saturday, February 18, 2006

So much yarn, so little time (and so many people)

The SPA conference in Portland was a huge success. I only stayed for the morning because it was SO crowded in the vendor area, you could barely move. But, I arrived early and picked up a lovely gray angora rabbit/merino combination yarn in light sport weight and a purple alpaca for some more socks. I wish I could have participated in a spinning class. I'm not sure I would have the patience for spinning, but I would love to try it. I would like to understand the whole process from start to finish. On the way back to Boothbay Harbor, I stopped in Halcyon in Bath, Maine. WOW! That place has everything! I just picked up one skein of sock yarn there, but I was jones-ing for a lot more. (Trying to keep to a reasonable traveling stash.) And, my spring courses at UF start on March 1. Two grad courses along with teaching don't leave room for much else, and I have to finish Molly's socks by April 1. I also managed to pick up a scarf kit (made up of awesome scrap yarns) at Elaine Eskesen's Pine Tree Yarn shop in Damariscotta. I'll post pics when I get home. Elaine is the author of Dying to Knit. She really has the most beautiful yarns at her shop. My son Alex and his buddy, Colin are loving the frigid weather. They spent the afternoon at the Camden Snow Bowl on the tobaggon and innertube runs. YIPPIEEEEEE. Doug and I ducked into the toasty pub. Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog. I love hearing from other knitters that either visit or are from Maine. It feels like such a small world!

And moreso, I went to Halcyon for the first time on Friday so I completely understand your feeling about the place. Wow is right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home