Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dock Socks

Yes, another pair for the Family Sock Challenge. I went out in the sweltering heat to take this shot on the dock because the toes look like they've been dipped in the water. Socks are great to knit in the summer because they're small. Still, it's hard to think about wearing wool socks in mid summer. I have 2 or 3 pair to go on the Christmas gift list. The ones for me keep taking a back seat.

I've also been working on some felted clogs and a linen sweater. More on those once I get a little more knitting done.

Some of my teacher-friends are knitting squares for another teacher who is getting married in the fall. I've been shamed by one who just wrote to tell me that she finished 10 squares over the summer. I'm on square one, or should I say "back to square one" before I work on anything else. I'm going to use this square project to practice some Vogue Stitchionary patterns.

4 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Finally broke down and got some linen. It feels worse than the twine I use to tie things up! I think I'm going to wash it before I do anything with it.

The socks are lovely. I would love to have a view like that!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sockage! :o)

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I totally love these socks, such great colors! And the pic with them on the dock is just perfect!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look awesome! A gold star to ya! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home