Friday, July 07, 2006

Independence Day in PA

The 4th of July trip to Pennsylvania was quite fun. My cousin liked the baby booties, and she had a great time at her shower. Somehow, the yarn didn't exactly match Gram's poncho. So there you go, dye lots. But, it was close enough.

I couldn't leave without visiting Victoria's House of Needlecraft, Duncansville's own local yarn shop (no link available). I enjoyed chatting with the owner and managed NOT to leave empty handed (even though I DO NOT need any more yarn. I hope to make a tank out of the three skeins of Wool in the Woods. This yarn is hand dyed in Biglerville, PA. The Gypsyknits Travel Sock Yarn has a little stretch zig-zag to it. It is SO soft when knit into socks. And finally, very pale pink yarn for some future project, no clue what. I have way too much on the needles. I really need to finish something. I am taking a felted clog class at Knit n Knibble starting Monday. That will be one more unfinished item in process. UGH!

Off on another tangent...I'm psyched about knitting some washcloth gifts from Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary I. There are so many interesting patterns in the book, and I hate to knit swatches that aren't going to be used for something. Honestly, I don't use knit or crocheted dishcloths, but I thought it might be cool to knit some cotton facecloths and package them with some handmade soaps. More holiday gift ideas for those who won't be getting a pair of socks.

Going to Maine at the end of the month. I definitely will be going HERE! Is that cool or what? I'll take some pictures and post about it when I go. It's right down the road from Boothbay Harbor and Wiscasset. Might have to stop at Red's Eats on the way.

Finally, I want to thank the 5 or 6 other people in blogland who actually read my little journal of projects. I SO appreciate your comments and kind words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home