Monday, June 05, 2006

World Knitting in Public - Literally

I'm taking my 25 year-old step daughter and my 12 year-old son to Europe for a little adventure to celebrate my step daughter's college graduation. We're leaving tomorrow. So, I'll be in Paris for "World Knitting in Public" Day. I hope to be knitting all over the place. I also hope to stumble upon some knitting shops. I'm taking these 3 sock projects, one fairly mindless, and two with a little more character. The brown socks are an oh-so-soft alpaca with a 12 row repeat aran pattern. These will hopefully be a Christmas present for my husband. I already had to frog them and go to a smaller needle because they were coming out quite LARGE. The blue pattern will be for another family member. (Knit round and round.) The green socks in Lucy's hand dyed yarn are for me. (That's a 4 row repeat.) So, that should keep me busy on the planes and trains. We'll see how much progress I make. You may see a post during the trip if we happen upon an Internet cafe with an open computer. Be back soon!

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Hi Wendy. I am sorry for the loss of your mom. I'll be sure to keep you both in my thoughts as I'm riding.

P.S. I'd love to hear anything about Amsterdam if you go there!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I leave for London on Sunday and I couldn't decide how many socks to bring to work on. I think 3 might be the perfect number. Hope you're having fun in Paris! I simply *adore* that city!

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I love the green sock yarn, that's def. a keeper and NOT a present for someone else!;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home