Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Babies, Family Heirlooms, Pink and....Brown


In the beginning (2 month ago), there was only one pregnant teacher at my school. So, a few of us got together to knit squares to make a baby blanket. It came out great. Now there are FIVE pregnant teachers!!! Some have blamed the water. Others blame the knitters for deciding to knit these blankets. But, you can't very well give to one and not another. So...we continue to knit squares. When will it end?
Speaking of creating family heirlooms, my Great Aunt Geri crocheted this beautiful doily for my dining room table. It's just perfect and I'm so honored to have this beautiful piece. I'm especially honored that she took the time to make it just for me.



Back in January, I ordered some hand dyed yarn from Kerrie at HipKnits in the UK. Weeks went by and I didn't receive the yarn. Kerrie was great and sent another skein. More weeks went by...nothing. She asked if I wanted my money refunded. I declined. I was sure that she sent the yarn and it would appear someday. Well, it came yesterday!! I knew it would get here eventually. I'm thinking of knitting something out of One Skein, perhaps a scarf. Pink and brown look so cool together.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

The "group knitting" blanket will be such a memorable gift! Since there are so many blankets to go, changing colors and patterns to knit should make things a bit more exciting. :)

The crochet doily is so lovely and delicate! And i agree with you, it's certainly a special gift.

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's such a great idea to knit a blanket together for the pregnant teachers, they'll definitely cherish it so much!
The doily your Great aunt did for you is absolutely gorgeous, that's a true piece of art indeed!
Oh, and such great yarn you received - finally! I'm looking forward to seeing what you're gonna make with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home