Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A single Mexi-sock


I have finished one of the Mexi-socks for the Family Sock Challenge. I was nearly finished with the whole sock when I noticed that I actually slipped a stitch on the heel! I couldn't believe it! I've NEVER done that before. So here was this run beginning to form at the heel. An anal-retentive, perfectionist knitter would have frogged down to the hole. Me? NO WAY. I repaired the run back to the place where it must have slipped off the needle. Then, I darned the sock by pulling some extra yarn through the loop and .....(drum roll please) made a KNOT!!!! Yes, the Grand Pahboo of no-no's in knitting, a knot. It looked ok to me. Off to sock # 2.

5 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, this sock is beautiful, such amazing colors, just perfect for spring!
Hey, great job with taking care of the slipped-stitch-problem without frogging all the way down - sometimes we knitters have to do a little "no-no" to keep our sanity, don't you agree?

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Sometimes knots are needed to prevent unravelling of sanity :)

The sock looks beautiful!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Sometimes knots are needed to prevent unravelling of sanity :)

The sock looks beautiful!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Ole! It looks so festive and you did a wonderful job! I LOVE this colorway too.

I'm quite sure you're not the only one to ever make a knot . . . on purpose . . . to salvage some knitting. In fact, I've actually done the same thing QUITE recently on my own Mexiko socks!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Lovely Mexi calceta (sock)! Don't get hung up on the knot business. A knitter's gotta do what a knitter's gotta do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home