Friday, March 17, 2006

Flying and Knitting and Green Beer



Nothing like a couple flights to move along a knitting project. I can't believe I finished this sock in less than a week. This is Sockotta cotton/wool blend. I love the yarn, but I'm not that happy with the gusset. That still seems a bit hit or miss for me. My hand is hurting a little below my thumb. I think I need to knit something bigger for a while. I did get started on sock #2. I have to do that immediately or I end up with only one sock. ;-)

Spring break started yesterday, so we came up to Maine for some relaxation and skiing (hopefully). It's cold, but beautiful and sunny. We went to King Elder's Pub in Damariscotta for lunch, mostly because we knew we wouldn't get near it for dinner. They're expecting a huge crowd for St. Patty's Day. I picked up some more sock yarn from Pine Tree Yarns (considering this is the year of the sock for me). Damariscotta has a big election on Tuesday to determine whether Walmart will be coming to town. Let's all hope NOT! That is a huge buzz-kill for a small town.

Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone in KnitLand!!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

I love the sock colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home