Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back from London and "The Continent"

The trip to Europe was great, but it's also great to be home. Unbelieveably, I did not stumble upon one knitting shop in London, Paris, Kaiserslautern, Heidelberg, or Amsterdam. What's up with that? Yes, I could have sought out yarn stores, but the truth is that I just didn't have time. We only spent 2-3 days in each location. Yarn was certainly NOT on the mind of my 12 year old son or 25 year old stepdaughter. I hoped to see one and say, "ooh, I just have to pop in there for a second," but that didn't happen. I did pick up a few little items for my secret pals, though. I got a few cool post cards at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, one of "Woman Winding Yarn" and another, "The Sheep Shearer". Who knew that Van Gogh had a fiber interest?

I also came home to a nice surprise from my One Skein Secret Pal. She even sent a sock pattern with a groovy little sailboat on the heel. I explained in my personal description that I was looking for some sock patterns with different heels. The yarn is also beautiful. Thank you so much Secret Pal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home