Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy birthday to my sister and my blog

My sister decided to have a girls weekend in Maine for her birthday. We ate, we drank, we laughed til we cried....and....we knit. In honor of my sister and the one-year birthday of the KnitSanity blog, I spread the knitting love. Gayle just needed a cast-on refresher. Anna is a knitting newbie. As you can see, she's still smiling. (Not pictured: My sister and I in our jammies.)

While in Maine, I had to visit Pine Tree Yarns in Damariscotta. Elaine Eskesen always has the most amazing colors and natural yarns. I wandered in just in time for the first shipment of her new book, Silk Knits. I was honored to get the first signed copy. I'm looking forward to knitting this lace shell in Garnstudio's Silke Tweed. It's 52% silke, 47% lammeull.

What is Lammeull?

















I have to finish this first (among other UFOs). Voila...the back of the Tank from Classic Knits. This is knit in Classic Elite Cashmere. Unbelieveably soft!

5 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy's sister!

And Happy Birthday to your blog too.

I've never knit with the Classic Elite Cashmere but I've been dying to!

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great time it seems you had in Maine! Happy birthday to your sis, and happy blogiversary to you!
Hm... I'd say "Lammeull" might mean "Lambswool" - what a yummy looking yarn - and pattern! - this is!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How fun! I love Maine and its wacky residents...I was thinking about getting the Erica Knight book and after having read your blog now I really want to!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Margie said...

I also think it means Lamb's Wool. I knit a sample sweater for the company from this yarn. The US distributor lives nearby.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger HappyGoLucky said...

And Happy Birthday to you too Wendy DG! 35 years old today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home