Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Closest I got to Maine

We were supposed to be in Maine this weekend. However, our flight was cancelled on Friday due to the cluster &^%$ taking place at JFK and within JetBlue Airlines. Apparently, their problems were bigger than our cancelled trip. I must admit, I would rather stay home than sit on a runway for 11 hours. Ouch! But, just think how much knitting you could get done!

Anyway, here's a shot of the progress I've made on my Log Cabin throw. In honor of our big weekend (may it rest in peace), I took this picture on top of an old lobster pot in our back yard. The colors (green, brown, and blue aka khaki, cork, and slosh) remind me of the colors I see out my back window. This is slow going, and I do get a little bored with the garter stitch. But, I think I'll really enjoy it if I ever finish. The Rowan Calmer is very nice to work with.

I've also been knitting a pair of fetching out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (black) and a new pair of socks out of Lorna's Laces. (My first time with this great yarn.) I'll post some progress on those a little later.

5 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

That sucks your flight got cancelled. Your progress on the throw looks really great though. Those colors really do go well together. I'm looking forward to see your LL's socks.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you couldn't go to Maine, what a shame that the flight got cancelled! ;( But your progress on the Log Cabin Throw looks amazing - I love how the colours go along together, and the yarn must be heaven to work with!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger sophanne said...

what is fetching?

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't make it to Maine - however you are right, good thing you weren't stuck in a plane for 11 hours. I couldn't even imagine *shudder*

Your throw is looking great - I love those colors together!

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any pattern on this? I love the color, and you have to finish it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home