Monday, April 16, 2007

The ultimate inspiration to return to my knitting

My knitting has taken a back seat to my Ed.S project over the past month. But, there's nothing like the Big Apple Knitting Guild (BAKG) Retreat to recharge the knitting needles. I took three wonderful classes with awesome teachers and the most amazing women I feel honored to call my friends. Friday night was a crocheted bracelet with Tatyana Mirer, a knit/crochet genius. Saturday was Aran Knitting with Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting. Nicky Epstein did a great class on Fair Isle Sunday morning. I have always been afraid of knitting with multiple colors, but this was really fun. So here's my list of projects to get started for the summer (and months beyond).
  1. First aran sweater
  2. Silk shell
  3. Some small Fair Isle project - suggestions?
  4. Tatyana's Rosette Lace Shawl
So much to do, so little time!

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

That's so nice to be able to participate in knitting retreats. I am sure you are tuned back to your knitting! ;)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Looks like you had a blast, how fun. I've heard so many nice things about Janet Szabo...

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hi Wendy! (I tried to figure out how to email you and it didn't work...). That is too funny that your 'Gram' is from 'The Cove'!! You must have been at Victoria's House of Needleart, that's my LYS. You have to contact me before you next come to town...

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've sure come up with a great list and quite a lot to do - can't wait to see your progress pics!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Ilix said...

small fair isle.....
Hello Yarn has the "We call them Pirates" hat..... or a chart that mimics the hat construction so you can use your own pattern.... I haven't tried it yet.... it keeps staring at me from my knitting basket though. LOL

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, cool blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home